November 8, 2010

Daybook ~ November 8, 2010

For Today . . . November 8, 2010

Outside my window . . . it is 47 degrees and a bit lighter since we changed back to standard time yesterday!

I am hearing . . . a train in the distance and the tick tock of the clock.

I am creating . . . not much at the moment.

I am looking forward to . . . a week off at Thanksgiving. I really need it.

I am thankful . . . for a patient husband.

I am praying . . . for my friend from church whose cancer has spread to her blood stream and they expect only to live for a short while longer.

I am thinking . . . I have a lot to do around me and a lot to change in me.

I am remembering . . . this friend who is dying from cancer. She was my private violin teacher when I was young. I remember my mom driving me to her house for lessons. I also remember my first violin solo on stage was while I was taking lessons from her. A good, godly lady whose new home awaits!

I am noticing that . . . some things never change.

I am reading . . . Isaiah

Words to think about . . . “No man is really happy or safe without a hobby, and it makes precious little difference what the outside interest may be – botany, beetles, or butterflies; roses, tulips or irises; fishing, mountaineering or antiques – anything will do as long as he straddles a hobby and rides it hard.” ~ Dr. William Osler

My hobbies are photography, blogging, scrapbooking, and writing.  What are yours?

A moment from my week . . . I went to my cousin’s wedding last night. It was a beautiful affair. I hadn’t been to a wedding for a while. It was so refreshing and good to be out and about a bit.

Something you may not know about me . . . I’m a bit of a home body. I like to go out now and then, but mostly I like being at home or going on outings alone with my husband.

One of my favorite things . . . going on outings with my husband, and I’m hoping we will be able to do just that this weekend. Maybe a little trout fishing?

For my picture journal . . . some four legged friends I saw on an outing with my husband.


6 comments:

  1. I knew we were kindred spirits--I also am a homebody. No place I'd rather be.

    Have a very blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very content at home myself and always have been. I turn on my Easy Listening music and go about my day and just love it.

    A happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I followed you here from Simple Woman's Daybook. What a lovely blog you have created.

    I really enjoyed your quote about hobbies. My hobbies are reading, writing and blogging, music. Something I have enjoyed with my children is watching them explore different interests and seeing some of them develop into hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a homebody, too, Stephani! And, I'm praying for your friend. May God bless her with much comfort and peace right now. I hope your Thanksgiving is restful, and I'm glad you have the gift of a patient husband.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice visit here on your blog today. You write with thoughful awareness.

    Praying for a peaceful journey for your friend.

    Hoping your up-coming weekend with your husband is a balm for your soul.

    In joy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephani,

    As always, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your daybook. I especially liked the entry for "something you may not know about me". I may add that one to my list the next time I do a daybook!

    I hope you get to enjoy some time with your husband this weekend...

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!