November 23, 2010

Daybook ~ November 23, 2010

For Today . . . November 23 , 2010

Outside my window . . . it is sunny, but a cool 37 degrees.

I am hearing . . . my husband reprogramming the GPS.

I am creating . . . just photographs. That’s it.

I am looking forward to . . . Thanksgiving dinner! My sister can reproduce my mom’s thanksgiving meal without a hitch. Mom always made the best oyster dressing and giblet gravy hands down! I’m responsible for the sweet potatoes and dessert. I have a great sweet potato recipe that could be a dessert it is so sweet. I’ll have to share that soon!

I am thankful . . . for brother #2.  He turns 51 today.

I am praying . . . for my friend who is struggling during this Thanksgiving week, another family who lost a loved one just a few days ago, a smooth transition for my parents, good test results for my father when he sees the doctor on Dec. 3rd, good test results for me, family relationships.

I am hoping . . . that the biopsy will come back normal and that all of these issues I’m having can all be chalked up to “old age!”  : )

I am remembering . . . the first night we moved into my parents' current home, a home they built over 30 years ago. We didn’t have all of the furniture yet and I slept on the floor. I was in 7th grade.

I am noticing that . . . neglect can tarnish memories.

I am reading . . . Seasons of Life by Charles Swindoll.  This is a devotional book that I used to read in college.  I would take it along with my Bible to the prayer chapel on campus, sit in one of the pews, and have a quiet time with the Lord.  Every once in a while a classmate would slip in quietly go down to the altar and pray and then leave.  Others would step into a different pew, open their Bibles, or bow their heads.  It was a neat place.  I came across this devotional book recently after going through things at my parents home.

Words to think about . . . “The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.” Proverbs 13:4

A moment from my week . . . shopping for the Angel Tree goodie basket. This is one of my favorite traditions during Christmas time; putting together a goodie basket for a family of four that they will receive at the Angel Tree Christmas party. This family has at least one parent who is in prison. If you are not familiar with the Angel Tree ministry, click here.

Something you may not know about me . . . I’m hoping to get fat on diligence this year and not fat on food! I’m a daydreamer and I have to really work to be dilligent and not let my mind wander. I waste too much time in la la land!

One of my favorite things . . . a clean house, although mine rarely is! A clean house is just so peaceful, especially like it is right now in this room with the lights down low and the candles burning. It’s oh so cozy!

For my picture journal  . . . a day at the park.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Picture. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your day book...Every woman needs a quite place....Praying for each of these things...Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely daybook, Stephani! I look forward to reading your sweet potato casserole recipe.

    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!