My folks were married in 1951. This picture I believe was taken while they were still dating. Doesn't my mom have the most beautiful smile!
A lot has happened since then. They have been married for nearly 60 years, have 4 children and 9 grandchildren. This next picture is of their home. A big beautiful home with a pool in the front. They designed it and built it 32 years ago.
Their belongings are being packed up today. Not everything. Only what they can fit into a one bedroom apartment. You see, the moving truck is coming on Wednesday and they will be spending their first night at their new home on Thursday.
The transition of moving from their dream home into a continuous life care community, is a tough one. It is tough on all of us. Will you please pray for my family, my parents especially. Pray that the transition will be smooth and that my parents will be at peace. Pray for uplifted spirits and no depression. Please pray also that the Lord will provide for their financial needs in the weeks and months ahead.
God says to my parents, to me and to you, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
God bless you Mom and Dad as you take this new path on your journey together. I love you both more than I can possibly express.
Today, I continue my gratitude list:
596. godly parents who introduced me to the truth of God's word
597. parents who have stayed together for almost 60 years
598. a beautiful home where lots of memories were created
599. a God that has it all under control
600. a God that sees my tears and my fears and draws even closer
601. a family with a rich godly heritiage
602. siblings, and nieces who rally around to help and to encourage
603. a husband who always makes me laugh even while I'm crying
604. sisters in Christ who pray when asked
605. knowing that THIS is not all there is
606. a mother who is my best friend
607. assurance that when she is gone, I will see her again
608. a final Thanksgiving meal in the home I lived in from age 12
609. hearing Dad tell stories, the same ones he's told a million times
610. homemade brownies made by my step-son
611. the warmth when God draws near
612. He is gentle when I am overwhelmed
613. a hymn in my heart and on my lips when the tears flow
614. How Great Thou Art
615. all sufficient grace.