October 6, 2010

Seeing In the Dark

To truly be able to see means not being able to see at all.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Little robin has tumbled again. I wonder how many broken wings can be survived. I look with my own eyes and see impossibility. I can’t wrap my mind around it, but I don’t have to.

Luke 1:37
For nothing is impossible with God


When you are surrounded by black tar darkness, and there are no walls to lay your hands against as you feel your way through the unknown, no crutch to hold onto, and no person to guide you to the door you can’t see, what do you do?

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I’m blind, and I can’t see a way through this. But God can see perfectly, and His Word guides through the heavy night. I stand on it. I believe it. It is true.


Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 107:20
He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, His Word has led me through many dark nights. Simply cannot imagine a life without Him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephani,
    Your perspective of scripture and photographs to illustrate that God is the light in our darkness. That He is our eyes and we need only to walk in faith, knowing that He is clearing the way.
    grace and peace to you, sweet friend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used these photos to illustrate your point.

    I'm still considering your opening statement:
    "To truly be able to see means not being able to see at all."

    I would never have thought to put it that way. Howr true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!