October 7, 2010

Fresh Blueberry Pie

I promise I really intended to take a photo of this pie before it was half three-fourths eaten and had sat in the refrigerator for a day!  But after I cut that first slice, the camera just had to wait! You know that blueberry pickin' trip I told you about a few months ago?  Well, the freezer is stocked and we'll have blueberries all winter long!  This particular pie was my hubby's birthday pie.  I got this recipe from Country Magazine. Yum!


Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstartch
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust


In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.

Gradually add water, stirring until smooth.

Stir in 2 cups of blueberries.  Bring to boil.  Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.

Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.

Spoon remaining 2 cups of blueberries into the crust.

Top with cooled blueberry mixture.

Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to try this, Stephani!! It looks so yummy, yummy delicious!
    Have a super weekend!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love me some blueberries and this pie looks yummy good.

    Yes, Karen is just a joy. I wanted more of a classic look rather than vintage. We talked via the phone about an hour and then emailed 4-5 times and I love what she came up with in the end.

    Hope you are having a wonderful fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good . Im going to have to copy the recipe.
    I love blueberrys

    Peace and Many Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. That pie looks PERFECT. Only trouble is, I can't quite get my hands on it. :-)

    (Love that second photo.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries all winter - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!