October 12, 2010

Daybook ~October 12, 2010

I’m posting my daybook today and then I will be taking a blog break until next week sometime. I have work to do and family to take care of. Forgive me for not commenting while I’m away and I hope you’ll come back to visit when I return.

For Today . . . October 12, 2010

Outside my window . . . it is dark.  The season is definitely changing!

I am hearing . . . my husband making hot tea for me.

I am creating . . . a photo slideshow for work.

I am looking forward to . . . normalcy again. What is normal?

I am thankful . . . for a husband who prays for God’s wisdom daily.

I am praying . . . for my step-son. Please pray for him too.

I am thinking . . . I am operating in God’s strength because I know I have none of my own left. I suppose this is exactly where I should be.

I am remembering . . . my old Kodak 110 Instamatic camera that I had back in the seventies. Do you remember those? I will eventually do some flashback posts on my photo blog that were taken with that camera. Do you remember the flashbulb column that you had to add to the top of the camera? I loved the smell of the blown out bulb after every picture. (weird I know). We’ve come a long way baby!

I am noticing that . . . I have a lot on my plate and it isn't vey organized!

I am reading . . . The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill

Words to think about . . .  ~ Isaiah 6:1-8
"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.  Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another:
'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.'
 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

'Woe to me!' I cried. 'I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.'

Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, 'See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.'

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'

And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"
A moment from my week . . . I went to a work retreat at the lake. Took lots of pictures!

Something you may not know about me . . . The first time I picked up a DSLR camera was in January of 2010. I was hooked right away and there is no going back now!

One of my favorite things . . . taking photos.

For my picture journal . . . this is the first picture I posted to my photo blog.  I was making corn con creme that day.  I think I've made progress since then, at least I  hope I have!

12 comments:

  1. I *do* remember the instamatic cameras of the 70's ~ so cool... then. ;-) Actually, mine might be in one of those dreaded boxes we moved with us this summer :o

    I enjoyed reading your daybook and peeking at the rest of your blog ~ looks great! Enjoy your new camera =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you left us with a Daybook before your hiatus. I got my first camera when I was a senior in high school; didn't even have the bulb thing. ha.

    Isaiah: "Here am I." I read somewhere recently (where?) about the difference between "Here I am" and "Here am I." The latter is a more responsive way to say you're ready to serve. That's what Isaiah said.

    Praying for you, Stephani, to be filled with His energy to do the things He wants you to do. And praying for your step-son...

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephani! Oh yes, I remember the instamatic cameras with the little cube flash bulbs! Now, that is going back a ways! :-) I am so thankful for digital photography!
    Love reading your daybook entries and getting to know you better!
    Have a restful and blessed time away! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephani, praying for strength for you this week. Praying for your stepson.

    It is hard to believe that you started using the DSLR camera this year. I enjoy seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those cameras and the smell! I'll miss you while you are gone and look forward to having you back. I will pray for your step-son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only taking pictures with your camera that long? You're amazing! I'm praying for you, friend....for strength and encouragement and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can tell that you have so much facing you and of course, we'll all be right here when you return. Sometimes life just gets in the way of the things that we enjoy, but nothing is more important than family and being there when they need you.

    Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I'm so impressed with your picture taking ability in such a short time.

    I know that you have your plate full and we'll all be waiting right here for your return. Nothing is more important than family and I pray the Lord will give you the strength and wisdom as you face the days ahead. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying for you and your family. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephani,

    Praying for you this week...that God will give you His strength and wisdom.

    You've progressed so very much since your first picture...but even that one was fabulous!

    I love visiting your photography blog! Your pictures always make me smile. You have definitely been given a wonderful gift, my friend!

    Blessings to you today and may you find rest this week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanted to say "hello" and that you are missed! Praying all is well with you and your family!

    Love,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take the time you need. We all need it and I do from time to time and do take it. I wish I was closer to you and we could share more often. I love your blog and will miss you . Let me know when you back please.
    Be still and hear his voice and let him lead you by the hand like a child and all will fall into place.. You have my Prayers my friend as well as your stepson.
    Thanks for wonderful post.
    Many Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!