September 7, 2010

Daybook ~ September 7, 2010

For Today . . . September 7, 2010

Outside my window . . . it is muggy, cloudy and hauntingly still. Storms are coming.

I am hearing . . . my dog barking outside.

From the kitchen . . . a scrambled egg sandwich for breakfast.

I am creating . . . more and more photographs. That’s the only creating I seem to do lately, but I’ve got to kick it into gear in the realm of scrapbooking because the holidays are just around the corner. I haven’t scrapbooked in several months. I think I’ve forgotten how.

I am looking forward to . . . having today and tomorrow off. I got a lot done yesterday and I intend to keep it up today. Maybe I’ll rest or have some fun on Wednesday.

I am thankful . . . for my 3 new followers this week. I was having a pity party the other day because I had lost two. How silly!

I am praying . . . for my friend Lisa over at Lisa Notes as she and her family go through a very difficult time.

I am thinking . . . about all that has transpired in this last year and I know it is evidence of the presence of a mighty God. I could not have survived in any other way. His voice IS still, and it IS quiet, but it has been woven through this last year as a golden thread of love, mercy, grace, and strength. It’s the thread that is holding me together.

I am remembering . . . when niece #2 (my sister’s oldest) was beginning college. We gathered together in her dorm room, and I had the opportunity to pray for her.  I believed God has answered those prayers.  She has begun her senior year and will be graduating this year.

I am noticing that . . . there is something very therapeutic about cleaning house.

I am reading . . . The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

I am pondering these words . . . “What makes authentic disciples is not visions, ecstasies, biblical mastery of chapter and verse, or spectacular success in the ministry, but a capacity for faithfulness. Buffeted by the fickle winds of failure, battered by their own unruly emotions, and bruised by rejection and ridicule, authentic disciples may have stumbled and frequently fallen, endured lapses and relapses, gotten handcuffed to the fleshpots, and wandered into a far country. Yet they kept coming back to Jesus. ~ After life has lined their faces a little, many followers of Jesus come into a coherent sense of themselves for the first time. When they modestly claim, ‘I am still a ragamuffin, but I’m different,’ they are right. Where sin abounded, grace has more abounded.” ~ Brennan Manning (The Ragamuffin Gospel)

A moment from my week . . . the serendipity of finding two praying mantises and watching them with curiosity.

Something you may not know about me . . . I played powder puff football in college one year. I pulled my quadricep muscle and that was the end of that!

One of my favorite things . . . the sound of the roaring crowd at a football game.

For my picture journal . . . Niece #2 whom I mentioned above, is on the right. She is pictured here with her two beautiful sisters. This picture was taken her freshman year in college, in her newly decorated dorm room, just before school was to begin. Where have the last 3 years gone?


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your days off. Cleaning house can be so therapeutic, as well as creating, such as your photography.
    In joy...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!