September 29, 2010

Attraction

One of my favorite fall attractions is football season.  I love the sights and sounds that football season ushers in.  The local high school football stadium is just a couple of blocks away from my house.  While sitting in the recliner with windows open, or sitting on the back patio, I can hear the marching band practice in the morning, the screams of the fans during a game, and even the play by play of the announcer.  Such a simple pleasure.  Since the stadium is just a couple of blocks away, the stadium lights can be clearly seen from my yard as I look south over the roof of my neighbor's house.  The  lights illuminate everything in our cul-de-sac. As you can see in the photo, even the bugs are attracted.  I wonder which team they are rooting for!


13 comments:

  1. Great picture Miss Steph. I remember Friday Night Lights as a cheerleader in Cleveland, OK, in 1962!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photo!
    Elizabeth
    http://www.justfollowingjesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photo, Stephanie! Yes, there is something special about high school football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot and the B&W treatment is perfect for this. The bugs are rooting for a tie so they'll go into overtime and the lights will stay on longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, high school football games bring back so many memories. The QB was my best friend's brother, we wore giant white mums tied with our school colors (red and grey), and we always stopped at the soda shop after the game. Lovely memories!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this is a simple pleasure! My son plays Junior High Football. The game was last night it was cool and the sky was beautiful as the sun set and the lights came on the field.
    Joining you at Simple Pleasures.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ... that is one awesome photo, Stephani. And a wonderful simple pleasure. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaahhh. those bugs are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an incredible picture. It looks like confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To this day, when I hear the cadence of the drums from the high school band, I get a little leapy feeling inside.

    And I'm not even a football gal.

    I just like the whole feeling that the sights and sounds of a local football game evoke.

    It's a great simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very cool shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!