August 25, 2010

Daybook ~ August 25, 2010

For Today . . . August 25, 2010

Outside my window . . . it is a cool 66 degrees! Can you believe it?

I am wearing . . . pj’s.

I am hearing . . . the high school marching band practice. Football is right around the corner!

From the kitchen . . . We’ve been eating out a lot lately since we have no air conditioning in the kitchen right now. I am going to my folks tonight and will fix taco soup.

I am creating . . . There is not much time for creating right now.

I am looking forward to . . . my sister’s visit this weekend.

I am thankful . . . for God’s righteous right hand. It upholds me.

I am praying . . . for physical and emotional strength for my mother. She is not doing well at all. I wish I could do more to ease her burdens.

I am thinking . . . how magnificent it is to serve a God who makes beauty out of ashes.

I am remembering . . . how strong my mother was most of my life. She was physically and emotionally strong. She had strong hands. She worked hard and she definitely ruled the roost. Her eyes are dim now and her hearing has faded. She has tremors and can no longer write. She has a shunt in her brain, a pace maker, and stints in her heart. She is no longer independent. She needs me like I needed her as a child.

I am noticing that . . . when God comes in the 12th hour, it is right on time.

I am pondering these words . . . “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.” Matthew 5:7

A moment from my week . . . my mother passed out this week in a parking lot. We could not detect heartbeat or breathing. My husband started chest compressions and revived her. I know God must be getting her room ready. She is so very weary and weak. Pray for her should you think about it.

Something you may not know about me . . . I am the youngest child in my family.

One of my favorite things . . . is the privilege to help my parents as much as I can. They’ve done so much for me, and now it’s my turn.

For my picture journal . . . I'm the baby in this picture, and that's my momma.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Stephanie, your post brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet spirit comes through your post...being able to help your Mom. Based on you picture, I think you favor your Mom. I will pray for her and you. Peace & blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Stephani,

    How did you 66 degrees! We're baking in 98 degrees right now, but we have had some beautiful monsoon storms.

    Sorry to hear about your Mom. Will be praying for her and you.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Stephani, this brought back so many memories for me. When we lived in Tulsa (30 years) we lived a block from the football stadium (Memorial High School) and that was my favorite fall sound was to hear them practicing faithfully so early in the mornings. And then the festivities of Friday night games--actually, it seems there was always something going on there--people parking in front of my house--oh I am so thankful for great memories--

    And the scripture--that is a great one--

    Prayers for your dear mother and strength for you and hubby.

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stephani, I did pray for your sweet Mom as I read this. To read your words about how strong she used to be and then to read your words about how she is suffering so now reminds me once again how short life here is. I love the picture of you with your Mom. What a priceless treasure that is. Thank you for sharing your heart so that I know how to pray for you. God richly bless you for honoring your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Stephanie, I have tears in my eyes after reading about your precious Mom. My heart is still so tender from the loss of mine just 19 months ago. I will certainly be praying for you and I will say to you as a dear lady said to me when my Mom went to be with the Lord, "you will get through it, but you will never get over it." There is just no one like our Moms. The Lord gave me all that I needed, just as I needed it and He is going to do the same for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post just completely warmed my heart.

    God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your mother, praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you strength, and quality moments with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped over from your other blog. And how cute is your sister...tickled pink :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also...wanted to say...enjoy your sister's visit :o)
    And prayers for comfort and strength to your mom and all your family.
    God is good!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    What a beautiful smile your momma has too :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!