March 5, 2010

Under His Watchful Care

Photography took hold of my heart today as I stopped on my way home from work to take these pictures. What started out as a photo shoot turned into quiet time with my Lord. I believe that one of the amazing things about photography is how the lens can capture light in a way that our eyes cannot. It is possible to see with a camera what you cannot see with your eye. The amount of light that enters the lens depends on the camera settings that the photographer has chosen in addition to the amount of light present in the surroundings. As I thought about how the light is captured with my camera in a way that my eyes can’t capture it, I began to think about God’s vision. God isn’t limited by human vision, and he isn’t limited by shutter speed, ISO, or aperture. How amazing it must be to see through the eyes of God. What he sees, in no way can we fathom. How amazing the colors must be when looking with his eyes. What he sees with his eyes must be intense, vivid, detailed, vibrant, clear and accurate in a way I can’t image. He doesn’t wear glasses nor does he need them. And do you know what? His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me.

Can I trust a God who can see every minute detail of my heart soul and mind? Can I trust a God who can see every hair on my head?

Matthew 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Can I trust a God who sees all my days?  Can I trust a God whose vision is limitless, accurate and correct; who sees yesterday, today, and tomorrow?

Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Can I trust a God who can see when I touch the hem of his garment?

Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry.
Yes, I can trust him, and I can rest in the light of his love; a love that was captured on an old rugged cross.

His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;

His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Words by Civilla Martin

3 comments:

  1. Stephani,
    Whenever I have struggled with a situation or a person that is challenging me to be able to be Christlike, I have prayed that God would allow me to see through His eyes. I pray this precisely for the reasons that you mention in your post.
    His eyes see with love, compassion not with the filters that our sinful, broken self sees with.
    Such a beautiful post with encouraging words for me today.
    Grace to you my friend
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those verses in Matthew. It is such a comfort knowing that God is watchful and that He is aware of all our circumstances. And we can trust that He sees the big picture. So many things cloud our vision and He can see right through it all. Amazing!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Meagan

    P.S. Did you find my new blog? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this hymn ~ so wonderful to think that the Lord is caring for us! :)

    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!