March 27, 2010

My Conviction ~ Another's Hope

The Lord speaks to me on most days, if not all days, as I drive to work. I think he knows he has me cornered there in my car, listening to Christians sing on the radio and worshipping with them. There are no distractions really. He has me there where I can’t get away if he starts to talk to me about something that I don’t really want to talk about. I wish sometimes he would just let some things slide. I often worship in my car. In fact, I love that part of my drive each day. It’s when he changes the tone, the subject, that I begin to squirm. I then wish he played by my rules. But then again, I’m glad that not all of my wishes come true. He knows best, and I know he knows best.

It was drive time this week when he tapped on my heart again. I was thinking about making an appointment to get my hair cut. He couldn’t just let me think about my hair. He had to interrupt. “Why haven’t you told her about me?”

“Who?”

“You sit in her chair once a month, but you never talk about me.”

“Uh. . .”

“You’ve received this wonderful gift, but you haven’t shown it to her.”

“I, uh. . . . .”

“You were excited to tell her about your new car, why not me?”

“Well, she uhh. . . . “

“She has as much right to this gift as you do. It’s not your gift to keep. It’s your gift to share.”


SILENCE


“I died so that you might live. You are to die to self and let my life in you spread to others. Die to self, so that others might see me and live.”

“She needs me. When will you tell her?”


TEARS

John 12:24-26
“The truth is, a kernel of wheat must be planted in the soil. Unless it dies it will be alone—a single seed. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives. Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who despise their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. All those who want to be my disciples must come and follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And if they follow me, the Father will honor them”


Psalm 23:4
Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths.

4 comments:

  1. Very thought provoking, Stephani. I do my best praying in the car as I drive, so I totally understand your car experience...both of us must have learned by now how to pray with our eyes open! LOL

    BTW, you might be interested in my 2nd blog, "Woman to Woman". I hope you'll stop by some time.

    http://open-lagirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A message for all of us! Why do we keep so quiet?
    Thank you for sharing your conversation and for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm not the only one who's had this same conversation with the Lord, hm? *little smile* Very thought-provoking post, Stephani. I do so want to be His light in this world and tell others of His great, unchanging love for them.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful! Thanks Stephani! We, as Christians, do have the greatest gift to share and give and miss so many opportunities. Thanks for the reminder, really spoke to me! Have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!