November 9, 2009

Daybook - November 9, 2009

FOR TODAY. . . November 9, 2009

Outside my window. . . My dog obediently sits in the front yard watching his master’s every move. He loves to be near my husband.

I am thinking . . . It was really nice to get away this weekend. The house remodel keeps us so tied down. We had a great time at the relief sale. Back to work now though. . .

I am thankful for. . . the beautiful quilt my in-laws bought me at the quilt auction. It was beyond generous and actually brought tears to my eyes.

From the kitchen . . . I’m anxious to try the new apple cobbler recipe I just got!

I am wearing . . . Levi's and a pink university t-shirt.

I am creating . . . still working on the scrapbook page for my friend.

I am going . . . to a birthday celebration for my father-in-law on Wednesday.

I am reading . . . my new Southern Living cookbook that just came in the mail.

Words I am pondering . . . My husband shared some wise words with me last week about how to deal with the stress I experience in caring for my aging parents and all the issues that involves. Words that will help me to love them better. Words that have already helped me to be less stressed out as I look for the right things to do and say as I reach out to them.

I am hoping . . . the new windows will come in on time. It should only be a couple of more weeks now.

I am hearing . . . the sound of the dryer tumbling in the utility room.

On my mind . . . my niece who is studying in Costa Rica this semester.

Noticing that . . . The house is so peaceful since we no longer have TV. We don’t seem to miss it a bit.

Around the house . . .We bought 3 oil lamps at the relief sale. They help to create such a cozy atmosphere.

One of my favorite things . . . taking the back roads instead of the main highways. There is so much more to see and it’s definitely more enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephani...thanks for visiting my blog today ~ The Simple Woman's Daybook is a blessing.

    Apple cobbler...yum ~ Quilts...a story of warmth. And oil lamps ~ just a beautiful picture together. It was nice visiting your blog, too.

    Blessings this week ~ Jarnette @ Seasons of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your week. Your dog is beautiful. I love apple cobbler. The cookbook is the best. I love all things Southern. I'm thankful you have received some words that have helped with the care of your aging parents. I cared for my grandparents from the time I was nine until they passed away. I considered it a joy and a privilege. They were such sweet people and I loved them dearly. I cared for my Dad for three months when he was dying. He was always a hard man to deal with but I handled him and was blessed by the time we had together. My three sisters do not have the personalities to deal with things like that and I understood that. God will greatly bless you for what you are doing. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!