November 2, 2009

Daybook - November 2, 2009


FOR TODAY - November 2, 2009


Outside my window...The smell of fresh wood lingers as my husband continues to work on the remodel job.

I am thinking...My dog really can show me those puppy dog eyes and get whatever he wants.

I am thankful for...friends who pray.

I am wearing...camo lounge pants and a pink long sleeve Henley.

I am creating...a scrapbook page for my friend.

I am going...to a Mennonite relief sale this weekend.

I am reading... the Cabela's catalog to get Christmas present ideas for my husband! However, our house remodel is really our present to each other. May not be buying a lot of extras this year.

Words I am pondering..."Keep cool: it will all be over 100 years hence."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am hoping...this week at work will go more smoothly than last week.

I am hearing...the sound of the wind as it blows across my neighbor's wind chimes.

On my mind...I have to get my niece's package mailed today. It's already late!

Noticing that...People really get caught up in having things and I don't want to be that way.

Around the house...The new windows have been ordered and should be ready in a few weeks.

One of my favorite things...being an aunt.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...blueberry bread I baked last week with the blueberries we picked at the Double J Blueberry Farm.


7 comments:

  1. Your blueberry bread looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was yummy! The recipe came from Southern Living 2008 Annual Recipes. I was going to share it here, but I guess I can't because of the copyright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Stephani,
    I don't usually come back to see if there is an answer to my comment. Comments on my blog come into my email.
    The bread looks delicious. I like special breads like this. I guess if you changed anything about the recipe then that made it your own.
    I know you are excited about the new addition.
    Hope to see you again next week,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, those blueberries taste great - and so did the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread looks great. I love blueberries. I try to eat them or strawberries with my morning meal. I also love to hear wind-chimes. I agree with you about things. I live a simple life. Your blog is very pretty. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Daybook! I always enjoy reading them from gals from my neck of the woods! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful turn out on the bread you made.

    I love your blog; I follow, please stop over and visit me sometime.

    Blessings to you and your,
    Happy Holidays,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!