April 29, 2009

Understanding In Reverse

“Faith is living in advance and only understanding in reverse.” ~ Randal Spindle
When the way seems so dark that it seems God must have escaped, when the silence is so deafening that you know your prayers can’t be heard, when the emptiness seems so hollow that you know God has forgotten you, God is there, and his ministers are on their way. His light can’t be extinguished, his voice can’t be silenced, and his presence can’t be blotted out. There is NOTHING that can separate us from the love of God. So if we know these truths, we must trust what we know and not what we see.

I’ve never really consciously selected a life verse, but of all the many scriptures I love, if I had to say there was one verse that is my life verse it would have to be Job 13:15

 “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.”

I believe we truly begin to experience God in his fullness when we find ourselves broken, and we come face to face with the reality that we are completely powerless to live this life in our own strength and limited knowledge. Realizing first, and then deciding that we will trust him, serve him, obey him, and love him simply because he is God-period. If we are serving him because of the expectations we have; the expectation of blessing, revelation, promises fulfilled, prayers answered, miracles performed, mysteries solved, then we serve him for selfish gain and not because he is the creator, sovereign God.
“If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:17-18
Don’t bow to worry, don’t bow to doubt, don’t bow to self. God will ultimately save us from whatever fire we are facing, but even if he doesn’t, he is still God and does not change. Think about all you know about God, and be thankful he doesn’t change. Where he is and who he is does not depend on what we feel or what we see. He is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. Live in advance, and one day you will understand in reverse. "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!