January 23, 2009

Fishin' Widow

"It is not a noble task, being clay. there is no glamour to it, nothing boast worthy, except that it is exactly what almighty God is looking for. Compliant, moldable, yielded clay." - Blackaby
God wants us to have willing spirits. Without it, God can't do his work in us, and we can't do his work in the world. It seems in the last couple of years I've learned this more intensely. There is no other way to live in this world than to abide in Christ, moment by moment. In doing this, my life becomes one burning bush experience after another. God's Word really is truth. We so often read it, but we don't look at it, listen to it, hear it, adopt it, and live by it with every tick of the clock. Learning to take one tick and one tock at a time with God makes all of the difference. For me, it's not enough to take it a day at a time because too many minutes will be spent on myself. I used to find myself saying that God is the bookends of my day. I start it with him, and I end it with him. This is true, but he has grown to be the beginning, the end, and everything in between.

This is just one of the thoughts running through my head tonight as I fill the noise of the quietness in this house with the click and clack of the keyboard. My husband decided to take a last minute fishing trip. I always tell him that he doesn't need my "permission to go fishin,'" but tonight the house seems a bit quiet without him here. I like to go with him, but I draw the line when the temperature falls below 40! I'll go soon though. Trout season ends on March 31st so there is still time. My husband fills this house with joy, and he leaves a noticeable absence when he's gone. The dog is even down in the mouth, but we'll bumble along until he gets back or keep clicking and clacking.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Stephani and love your heart from the Lord. Glad to see you today. We should try to do lunch sometime.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I hate that I have to put moderation on, but if I don't I get bombarded with spam emails! Hate that! But love that you visited so let me know you were here!